This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of H-E-B Curbside. The opinions and text are all mine.
I’m not going to lie; I love grocery shopping.
As a busy wife and a mom of 2, I barely have the alone time to go grocery shopping anymore. Instead, I usually go on Sunday afternoons with the family or squeeze in a trip on the weekdays with the kiddos in tow. In efforts to maximize our family time by doing more fun things on the weekends, I told my husband that I would manage all of the meals and grocery shopping on the weekdays while he was at work.
Y’ALL, THIS IS A HUGE DEAL!
Going grocery shopping with two babies obviously isn’t a walk in the park. The amount of time it takes to load them in and out of the car TWICE is long enough. J HATES being in the car seat and occasionally cries the entire time. Once we get into the grocery store, E has to go potty at least 2-3 times. Later, she has an epic meltdown about not getting a particular snack. It’s not the worst thing in the world but it’s definitely not the easiest either.
Needless to say, when I found out that you can do all of your grocery shopping online, pick it up when it’s ready AND you don’t have to get out of the car, I thought SIGN. ME. UP! Last weekend, I finally used HEB Curbside and it was the most magnificent experience. I’m going to share it all in today’s post!
I’m going to break down the process in steps, just to make it all easier to navigate! If you have any additional questions about my experience with HEB Curbside, feel free to email me or comment below and I’ll get back to you ASAP!
1. Head over to the HEB Curbside site
While you’re there, you’ll find your location closest to you that actually provides the service!
2. Start Shopping
You’ll notice in that red row that there are categories to shop. So you just click on them and start shopping!
I clicked “pantry” for this example! Once you get in the category, THERE ARE SO MANY SELECTIONS!
One thing that I was worried about was the possibility to check the ingredients. Fortunately, you can easily check the ingredients on the website by clicking each item. There, you will get deeper nutritional information!
3. Head to HEB to get your food!
Once you park, you text whatever number on your parking spot and they come right out with your groceries! They load them in your car for you and you’re set to be on your way!
So, now you know how to navigate the system, let’s get to the pros and cons of HEB Curbside.
- The system is easy to navigate
- They give you the option of a courtesy call if any items need to be replaced! I had three items that needed to be substituted and they discussed it with me beforehand.
- You can use your own grocery bags or substitute the plastic bags with paper! During my courtesy call, I requested the switch with no problems.
- They communicate with you through the entire process. From emails to phone calls, I was in the loop about my food!
- You can schedule the time to get your food. I placed my order pretty early in the morning and made the pick up time for early evening just in time for dinner.
- You don’t have to get out of your car! I did get out… just because I felt like it was the polite thing to do! The HEB assistant assured me that I didn’t need to. She loaded my groceries in my trunk for me.
- I didn’t find out about this sooner! Haha!
- Sometimes they don’t have the exact items that you want but they do such a great job providing an almost equal substitution!
So there you have it! That was my awesome experience with HEB Curbside! I highly recommend you try it out and when you do, I’d love to hear about your experience!