1. The Office is my favorite show of all time. I watch season 2- season 7 episode 21 at least twice a year.
2. I was cheerleader for about 12 years, school and competition. That was the only sport that I ever actually participated in.
3. I decided to try out for Lacrosse my freshman year of college. I quit the second day of tryout practice after a girl hit me with her stick.
4. I’ve lived in Houston, Dallas, and Waco and had lots of visits/stays in Austin. Out of those cities, Dallas is my favorite but Houston is more “me”.
5. If I wasn’t a registered nurse (or wife or mom), I’d want to be a backup dancer!
6. My guilty pleasure is Chick-Fil-A.
7. I don’t like staying at other people’s houses overnight! I’m such a homebody with the most ridiculous level of comfort.
8. It takes a lot to actually make me laugh out loud.
9. I’ve always had a hard time picking my favorite color but after 27 years, I can easily say that it’s gray.
10. I love learning new languages. Spanish has my heart!
11. I don’t like watching movies, especially in a movie theatre. I just don’t have the attention span for it. I don’t have attention issues, I just don’t want to devote time to that when I have a life to live.
12. With that being said, I can easily binge watch an entire season in one day! I don’t know why I can do this but not watch a movie.
13. If a movie was made before 2000 or longer than 2 hours, I refuse to watch it. This is my new standard- I have seen tons of classics but not enough according to my movie buff, film obsessed husband.
14. I used to be really embarassed to cry in front of other people. Once I got into college, I stopped caring about it so much.
15. College was one of the best times of my life.
16. Graduating college and finishing nursing school will always be the happiest day of my life. So many tears and moments of anxiety and uncertainty went into earning that degree. On graduation day, I had a lot of “pinch me, is this real?” moments.
17. I thrive on routine. It’s one of my least favorite traits about myself because life can be so hectic and I have a hard time coping with the act of straying from my norm.
18. I only get my nails painted 4 colors: light purple, any shade of pink, gray, or black. But I only paint my toes pink.
19. My favorite type of books are non-fiction books. In the past 5 years, I’ve read so many incredible books by such motivational women.
20. I don’t like concerts anymore. I think that they’re too expensive for me to basically sit and jam out with my friends. I can do that in my living room for free with a much better view.
21. I live in hoodies and sweatpants, no matter the weather. I just love full coverage haha!
22. I went to a high school where we weren’t allowed to have homework for the first year of the school opening. It was my sophomore year and it was sort of wild.
23. I’ve always wanted a sister. That never happened! When I found out that I was having a daughter, it was the best day of my life. I actually called to find out the blood results without my husband because I was so eager. Once they said she was a baby girl, I bawled my eyes out. I happy cried alone in my house for about 30 minutes.
24. I eat a lot of food raw. Not because of the benefits though… it’s mostly because I’m disturbingly lazy when it comes to cooking.
25. I love journaling. The flood waters actually took all of my journals so I’m starting fresh! I’m really excited for this fresh start though.
26. I like animals enough to advocate for them, change my eating habits to make their lives more humane, and cry over their deaths in real life and in movies; but if you ask me to go to a petting zoo and touch them, that’s going to be a no from me, dawg.
27. Desserts are my weakness. I have an addiction to them without a doubt! This is why I like doing whole 30… it helps me quit my sugar indulgent habits.
So that’s 27 things that you may not know about me! I’m excited to do 28 next year 😜